Thursday, May 3, 2012

Just Ducky



Hey peeps, these are the chicks...er, I mean ducks...I mean soon to be ducklings.

Last night we washed another 26 eggs to put int he incubator.  Sometimes I wish I had more hens to lay more eggs, then as I wash them at about 9:30 pm once a week, I realize, "hey 3 is plenty."



This is the pile drying while we are washing the incubator.  It's nearing 10 PM and I'm thanking the good Lord above that I only have 3 laying ducks. 



Here Big D is writing the dates on one side (note to self, always write the date on eggs...you don't want one that's been in there for too long.  Whewww the stink!)


That makes 52 eggs (about) to hatch.  The dirty ones are just from the last 5 that hatched out and walked all over them. 

Signing off,

Fairchild "Crazy Egg" Farmgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment