Monday, December 19, 2011

On The 6th Day Of Christmas, I Asked For This Gift...



A carved moose antler.

Isn't this amazing?  I always marvel at the many, many cool pieces there are in this country.  When Big D and I are out and about looking at different art out west, we have seen a few of these, but none this good.

This carver hails from Dubois, Wy.  his name is Monte Baker.  I hope he has a shop or gallery to visit, next time we are out that way I would love to see these in person. 


Now, I know I didn't blog yesterday and tell about what I wanted on the 7th day of Christmas, but you know what?  This guy is so good that he can account for two days. 

Think of the time and skill this takes? 



I had to show you one more...look at the pine tree. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

There's so much more to look at...check out his website at:  http://www.montebakerantlercarving.com/

My favorite Christmas memory for today is this...

Taking all my kids shopping at the local drug/gift store in our little town the week before Christmas.  Here's what's cool about it.  I take along all  the kids so each child can shop for their siblings.  It's so fun to see what they would pick out for their siblings. 

"Mom!  Cody NEEDS this!"  As Levi points to a a hunting magazine.

"Are you going to get that for him?" I ask..."

"Nahhh, me want it!" He giggles.  This is also a great way to show kids that Christmas isn't all about them, because they need to think of others too.  He was the only one that cried when he couldn't get what he wanted.  He sat by the register on the floor sad as can be.  Too bad I remarked as I smiled to the high school clerk and to everybody around me.  He's gotta learn sometime.

My charity for the day is:  The Last Great Race:  Iditarod 

You can buy a membership and that's your donation!  THEN you get cool stuff!  Here's their website:  http://www.iditarod.com/

 "The fabric of any membership organization is judged by the number, loyalty and active involvement of its members. 'The Last Great Race on Earth' is annually run against the most scenic landscape on earth in the harshest weather Mother Nature can provide. The ITC depends on member volunteers to stage the world's premier sled dog race. Mushers feel privileged to train, coach and encourage the outstanding athletic dogs that run the race. I feel privileged to be an ITC member and invite YOU to join us in celebrating Alaska's state sport in the 'Last Frontier.' Catch the spirit and enjoy the benefits." — Leelan Larsen, President of the Board               

Sincerely,

Santa's favorite elf,
Fairchild Farmgirl
       

No comments:

Post a Comment