Thursday, June 23, 2011

And Someone Said To The Clouds, "Let 'Er Rip!"


I'm all for a sprinkle, maybe an occasional storm with a big thunder and lightening show, snuggled up to Big D.  It could also be the fact that I just worked out in the grapes for 6 1/2 hours in the pouring rain with a hired hand but I can tell you right now, I'm sick of it.


Also take a look at one of the pumpkin patches we planted 2 days ago.  We couldn't get them in because we had gotten so much rain.  Then we do plant it and we got 4 1/2 inches of rain in two days.  Yikes!




Maybe I just need some sleep in my nice warm bed, I'm a little chilly from being outside. And wet. And cold.  Now I truly do want to snuggle up to Big D...I mean have 3 little kids crammed into the center of the bed between me and D because of the supposed storm coming.  When that happens we each get about a 10 inch strip that we can lay on or we fall off the bed. I don't know about him, but I fight for that 10 inches, I'm tired when I hit the hay and all I want is my soft bed.

Each kid has a secret weapon though:

  • Grace, her big toe nail.  I could swear I feel it rake across my cheek some nights.  I think she's part ninja the way she kicks and cuts.
  • Rachel, is like laying in bed with a soaker hose turned on warm.  She is a sweater.  Ron sweats too, you get the both of them in bed, yikes.  One night I woke up in between both of them we were all wet.  I don't even like my own sweat. I know she's cute but sheesh!
  • Levi has the worst though...gicki.  Gicki is his name for his smelly disgusting paper thin scrap of a blanket that he sleeps with and sucks on.  At first it was the size of a single bed.  Then we cut it in half.  Then we lost one half, now we cut it down every chance we get.  i was it every week and it still stinks.  He sneaks into bed quiet as a mouse, but blows his cover with his cover. Y-U-K!


 So a new day, and today we have sun and a strong breeze, which is just the right medicine for all this muck around here.  Up on Grape Hill the grass is LONG!  I sent Kara up there with the rider to mow since it was dry enough.  She got stuck in the clay at the bottom of the hill...rookie.  =)

The weeds in the rows up on the hill are so high that the thistle heads are being grabbed by the grape vines and it's a huge mess to say the least.

Did I just admit to you how bad my weed issue is?  Good grief!  I better get back at it!

Happy trails and weed whipped thistle plants,
Suzanne

    No comments:

    Post a Comment