Friday, May 13, 2011
You Know You've Had Too Much Rain When...
10. When you can justify using your mud boots as a fashion accessory.
9. When you hope that there isn't a sudden burst of heat because your worried that your sheep will felt.
8. When you find your husband digging through the summer stuff looking for the kid's inflatable raft to check for calves.
7. When he actually uses it.
6. When you see the dog teaching swimming lessons to the cows. Cows doing the doggy paddle, I told you it was crazy here...
5. When you plant corn on the fourth of July but your still knee high in mud.
4. When you get stuck in your driveway. Up by the house. Or is that when you know your a redneck? I forget.
3. When you send your kids out to play with their water wings on.
2. When you look at your feed supply and see a rat with a life preserver on.
And the number one reason you know you've had too much rain?
When you go online to see what a "hog wallow" is and they show a photo of your farm...but you don't have any pigs.
In all seriousness, say a prayer for those folks down in the south. I can joke about us and our rainy days, but some of them have lost a lot. We need to count our blessings.